even more so when you add a beautiful Maine Coon kittycat like my Dolly Daisy into the mixture, and by doing so crank up the comedy capers content a notch or two.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Cup Nasturtium Seeds (still firm and green)
- 1 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 5-8 peppercorns (slightly crushed)
- Rinse and drain the nasturtium seeds and blot them well on paper towels.
- Pour the seeds into a 1 pint canning jar.
- Bring the vinegar, salt and pepper to a boil and pour over the seeds.
- Seal and refrigerate the jar and let them sit for about 3 months. Then enjoy!
The basic recipe is very simple. You can use them as is, on salads and in vegetable and fish dishes. Or you can create your own blend by adding a few additional spices.
To spice things up try adding: A clove of smashed garlic, a pinch of celery seed or pickling spice, a couple sprigs of thyme or a bay leaf.